- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Walnut filled Camembert
My friends, if you feel like you are not exactly master chefs, and you would like to know how to become the king or queen of the party, here is one way how to go about it!
Filled Camembert cheese is your top 1! And mine too. ;)
I felt like eating this delicious dish at my family friend Regina and it was the same evening when I bought the ingredients.
Two weeks passed and I filled the cheese three times already. Everyone wanted the recipe, so here it is.
I spiced it up a little with a savory herb oil sauce.
You can use any soft aged cheese. I like the Camembert cheese - king of all cheese because of its size. ;)
- Camembert (soft) - 1
- Ingredients for the oil
- herbs - fistful (oregano, coriander)
- chilli - 1/2 husk
- garlic - 1 clove
- Honey - 1 teaspoon
- salt - pinch
Prep time: under 15 minutes
1. I slice the walnuts into small pieces, don't grind them! Put them away in a bowl.
2. Halve the cheese with a horizontal slice.
3. Carefully scoop out the inner soft cheese with a small spoon and put it in a bowl with the cut walnuts. The surface layer of the mold of the cheese remains, which I put away for now, be careful not to damage this crust.
4. Add a big of garlic into the bowl with the soft cheese and walnuts and mix well.
5. I fill one half of the hollowed out cheese with this mixture and cover it with the other half. Wrap it back up in the original package and wrap that up with food foil.
6. Let it sit outside of fridge for about 6 hours, so it fuses well and then put it in the fridge for at least a day. Right after taking it out of the fridge I slice it up and pour the herb oil mixture on top.
Walkthrough for the herb oil mix:
Mix everything in a bowl, stir, and pour on top of the cheese.
All rights reserved. No pictures, text, or part of the text can be copied or commercially used without explicit written permission from the administrators of Marky SCD recipes