- Yield: 4 - 8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Another recipe that you are sure to like and is easy to make. :)
Pumpkin isn't just an orange ball that we use for Halloween decoration and make a compote out of. Pumpkin also contains a lot of water, about 90% and it also has a lot of vitamins, which our bodies often lack in if we don't eat raw foods that I like to promote. ;) Among which are iron, magnesium, sodium or potassium. The good thing about them is, that you can buy them all year long and in case you want, you can stock up on them on a farmer's market and shelf them like potatoes.
Everybody who knows about SCD and read the information on our pages (www.healwithmeal.net) also knows that potatoes are illegal, not suited for healing. The pumpkins (squash) are just perfect, they beat the little yellow demons filled with starch any day of the week, and so you can replace them very easily. :)
- pumpkin - 1 kg
- Ingredients for dressing:
- garlic - 4 cloves
- oil - 200 ml
- Honey - 1 tblspn
- rocket salad - fresh, 125 g
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes in total
Result: about 4 - 8 portions
1. Peel the pumpkin if it's not squash. I use butternut and the peel is quite hard. Halve it and remove the seeds and fibers and cut up into strips or crescents (how you like) with a width of about 5 mm, fry on a pan from both sides (each side of about 2 minutes). I put away the fried strips on a napkin to remove redundant fat.
2. Prepare the dressing. Oil, pressed garlic, honey and a pinch of salt. I like savory taste, so I often add a chilli pepper here. Depending on you.
3. Serve with green salad. Baby spinach or rocket. Put the roasted pumpkin on top, salt and pour on the dressing.
Pumpkin prepared like this, can be a meal by itself or as a side dish. I don't trash the seeds, they have many uses. :)
All rights reserved. No pictures, text, or part of the text can be copied or commercially used without explicit written permission from the administrators of Marky SCD recipes