- Yield: 8
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
Everybody knows that when you relinquish something, for example when starting up a new diet, you want to replace those things with something else. You start asking yourself: "What am I going to eat in place of dumplings or bread? And will it be enough? Will I suffer?" :D
First of all it's important to realize why are we doing this. Why did we choose a new diet in the first place. When you realize your decision is final and tou stand by it, you stop worrying about replacing things and you start discovering a whole new world. But yes, I understand your worries, but they really are unnecessary. And what's more, you can replace any of those things, and SCD Recipes are the proof! :)
When you browse the recipes, does it make you think you will be suffering? Of course not! :)
When I was talking about the replacing things, one of the meals that I waned back in my life, was the pizza. I thought long and hard, how will I solve this predicament, because watching others stuff themselves with this delicious treat and be all jealous stopped being enjoyable to me some time ago.
But the basis of pizza is the dough, how do we make it without the flour.
Ha! The usual dough with the usual flour is impossible to replace, but my goal was that the pie should have the save shape and look of a pizza (thin dough) which is important and at the same time would be SCD compatible. And I did it! It also tastes great so I am very proud of myself. :)
- Ingredients for the dough:
- Eggs - 1 L
- butter - 1/4 cup
- almond flour - 2 and a 1/2 cups
- curd - 100 g
- soda - pinch
- salt - pinch
- Ingredients for the filling:
- onion - 2 medium (200 g)
- champignons or oyster mushrooms - 500 g
- marjoram - by preference (12 bundles)
- garlic - 1 cloves
- eggs - 3 L
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 23 - 25 minutes/125°C/650W
Result: 8 portions
1. First I prepare the filling mix from garlic, mushrooms and spices. Sear the onion on a pan until it turns brown, then add the mushrooms and keep cooking. Takes about 15 minutes. Then I put away the filling from the heat, add marjoram, salt, garlic and let it cool off. Who wants bacon or lard, you can absolutely use it, but be careful about the ingredients. It must not contain sugar or dextrose!!
2. Then I prepare the dough. Egg, melted butter, salt and curd is blended with a stick blender in a tall dish. Then I add the flour, soda and stir well with a spoon. Then I put it on the crisp plate with baking paper, and spread the dough in all directions to make it thing using fingers covered with plastic food wrap and poke it a bit with a fork. (see photos)
3. Mix in the eggs in the filling, add spices, pour on top of the dough and bake in combined microwave oven.
All rights reserved. No pictures, text, or part of the text can be copied or commercially used without explicit written permission from the administrators of Marky SCD recipes