- Yield: 8 - 12
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
I would like to teach you how to prepare a pie that belongs to one of the most popular in our household. Thanks to the apples it's fresh and sweet as a honey. It's a pie from almond flour with apple filling. It's very simple to prepare and considering the ingredients, it's quite suitable for the SCD diet.
- Filling ingredients:
- Apples - 4 - 5 (about 600g)
- Honey - 2 tbsp. (depending on the sweetness of fruit)
- Cinnamon - depending on taste
- Batter ingredients:
- Eggs - 2 L
- Butter (coconut oil) - 1/2 a cup
- Honey - 1/2 a cup
- Almond flour - 4 - 5 cups
- soda - pinch
- salt - pinch
Time to prepare the batter: 15 minutes
Time to prepare and cook the apples: 30 minutes
Time to bake the pie: 24 minutes
Result: 8 - 12 servings
1. First I prepare the filling of the pie. Peel the apples, slice them in half, remove the cores and slice to smaller pieces. Put them in a pot, baste them (about 300 ml), add ground cinnamon and boil for about 20 minutes until they soften up, the water must be boiled. I never let the them overcook completely, I prefer when you can see chips of the fruits in the pie. I let the apples sit and add honey, then leave it to cool down as I start working on the batter.
2. Crack open the eggs in a bowl, add melted butter, then honey and thoroughly mix everything with a hand mixer (at first i used eggbeater and mixed everything manually, but then we bought ourselves a stick blender and immediately fell in love with it, so I use it for almost everything now). Next I add the almond flour, a pinch of baking soda and stir well. We get a batter which should be dense enough to work with and shape by hand. I shape the batter right inside the baking bowl (crisp plate) with a spatula, which will make the batter nice and soft (you can also shape it by hand with plastic food foil). Prepare the edges and then add the apple filling which should be all cooled down by now.
3. Warm up the oven to 125 centigrades, then add 650W waves and let it bake for 24 minutes.
I use a combined microwave oven since my kitchen is quite small. But who knows, maybe someday... =).
The filling can be made from almost any fruit of course (though I do not recommend bananas =)), but when I was coming up with the recipe, I had apples within an arm's reach, that were so good I couldn't resist =). If you have the option to buy fruit from a private owner or a farmer, I can recommend leaving the fruit with the peel.
All rights reserved. No pictures, text, or part of the text can be copied or commercially used without explicit written permission from the administrators of Marky SCD recipes